? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

May 16, 2011

Girl's Weekend 2011! TSAR Reigns eternal!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa


Ah. If I can make it there, I'll make it anywhere....
I didn't think I would EVER make it to New York! This sentence is true on so many levels! First, I must inform that my parents have been going to New York for as long as I have memories. My grandfather lives there and they have visted this city COUNTLESS numbers of times, with each year a promise of "We'll take you next year!"
Fast forward thirty years and I FINALLY make it there with this crew!
As for the ACTUAL trip of getting to Robyn's house, well, it was looking questionable that I would even get there! With a 17 hour flight delay, an ($189!!!)hour cab ride, I finally pulled into her house. After two hours of sleep, I was up and (kind of) ready to begin my Girl's weekend.
We had a very giggle filled weekend, (thank you Billy Mays!) and got to the city on Saturday. To say I love New York is a bit of an understatement. I think I missed my calling for being filthy rich and living there. Looking up at the apartment buildings with the balconies next to Central Park, I am fairly certain that was where I was supposed to live. Hmmmm. Anyway, I loved walking around, taking it all in, seeing a fabulous show (The Book of Mormon, nominated for FOURTEEN Tony awards!), had amazing Italian food, watching street performers, buying outrageously priced knick-knacks for the kids, and dancing until 1 a.m., I can't wait to do it all again.
I have to admit I feel like I missed out on a HUGE part of the weekend having missed an ENTIRE day with the ladies, but life happens, and hydrolics on planes break. I was just happy they discovered this little mishap ON the ground, making my trip slightly less dangerous. My cab ride at 3 in the morning, on the other hand, well that made up for the danger. Gotta love the cabbie who is punching directions into the Garmen WHILE taking turns at 60 miles an hour, THEN stopping off at a gas station to get something for HIMSELF! (not bitter...)I DID get to Robyn's in time to see Victoria and David Beckham make it to the church for the Royal Wedding. It was the little things that made me happy!
I am so happy I got to spend this experience with this group of ladies. I love you all so much, and can't wait for San Francisco next year! I am all about getting ready for the "chug and run!" San Francisco 2012, Here We Come!

1 comments:

Robyn J said...

I think Jimmy's hand made an appearance in one of our pictures.