? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

June 20, 2011

2 more months of THIS!

 

 

 

 


Ah, summer is here. I can't believe that I looked at my calendar and saw that we already have less than two months until the kids go back to school. Not that as a mother of four young children I would be anxious for such a thing!

At any rate, I feel like we are running the house like a bootcamp: keep the kids as busy and physically active until dinner time, then they FALL into bed and wake up late the next morning. This is the FIRST summer (or any season really) on record that ANY of my children have slept in past 7:30 in the morning. I actually have two children who sleep in past 8:00!! For some, this may seem like an early wake up, for me? This is the beginning of something extraordinary!

The kids are loving their summer freedoms, we have a few camps between now and school, but they are for the most part enjoying it like kids should. Lots of OUTSIDE activities, swimming, beach, more swimming, and READING! Ha! You might be able to get the old English teacher out of the school, but you'll never get the schooling out of the teacher.

My set up this summer is for every minute they read a book, they get a minute on the Wii. I have introduced Brendan to some great books, and can't wait to reap these benefits. He is reading Hatchet this summer, and he LOVES it so far. Gotta shove some classic reading in any way I can!

Teddy has his library card for the first time, and you'd have thought he won the lottery! He danced around the library telling every and anyone who would listen "MY FIRST REAL CREDIT CARD!" Here's to hoping that he becomes a lover of reading as well.

Cecelia is already a better reader than me! Now I just need to get her to be a little more disciplined about her books. (and cleaning her room, but I digress). She is into the new Judy Moody's, but I may just have to introduce her to the original Judy, Judy Blume! The Ramona Quimby series immediately takes me back to my childhood! I think I read every book ever written by her (including the butt of most pre-teen and adult jokes, Are You There God? It's Me Margaret!HA!) However, she is a wonderful author that I can't wait to share with my girl!

Alrighty! On to summer!
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: